How to stay aware and updated about your subsidy
Sometimes sitting and idly thinking I just feel grateful for so many things. Like today while I was scrolling through my phone and my mobile pack got over, without a second thought I recharged it through an app. This reminded me of the days when we had to go to a shop and get mobile packs. We have come so far since then. Sitting at home we can do almost everything. This digital transformation has helped us so much not only to flow the COVID lockdown but also in becoming independent generally. You can now perform all functions and your work and track payments and receipts all with a phone without depending on help from anyone. Our government has similarly made the PMAY subsidy easily trackable from the official website using CLAP Portal. Today, let’s see how we can track it ourselves. All your questions answered right ahead:
What is PMAY? What is CLSS?
PMAY (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana) is an initiative of the Government of India implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA). Launched on 25th June 2015, it addresses urban housing shortage among the EWS/LIG and MIG categories including the slum dwellers by ensuring a pucca house to all eligible urban households by 15th August 2022. Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana program, CLSS (Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme) offers interest subsidy of 6.5%, 4%, and 3% on loan amount up to Rs. 6 Lakh, Rs. 9 Lakh, and Rs. 12 Lakh respectively to the beneficiaries of Economically Weaker Section (EWS)/Low Income Group (LIG), Middle Income Group (MIG)-I and Middle Income Group (MIG)-II who are seeking housing loans from Banks, Housing Finance Companies and other such institutions for acquiring, new construction or enhancement of houses.
What are the basic documents required to apply for the CLSS subsidy under PMAY?
- Applicant Aadhar Card
- Applicant PAN Card
- Fill Self Declaration form
- Loan Documents
What is the process of getting a CLSS subsidy under the PMAY (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana) program?
- Once your loan is sanctioned and disbursal of the loan amount from the company’s side starts, the company asks you for the PMAY related documents as mentioned in the previous answer. The company then generates an Application ID for you through the National Housing Board (NHB).
- As soon as your Application ID is generated by the NHB, you will get an SMS from the NHB.
- Once this is done, the company prepares your file containing all details of your loan and uploads it to the NHB Portal.
- NHB then examines your file. If all criteria for the CLSS subsidy are being satisfied, the NHB accepts your file.
- Then the subsidy amount as decided by the NHB is transferred to the company’s account and the company deducts the subsidy amount from the total loan amount you have to pay them.
How can I track my CLSS subsidy under PMAY (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana)?
In order to track your CLSS subsidy status, the govt. has introduced the CLAP (CLSS Awas Portal) for you to be able to track the status of your subsidy payment – anywhere, anytime. Follow the given steps to track your subsidy:
As you cross the stages to ultimately receive your subsidy, as soon as a certain stage is completed, the stage gets colored green in the CLAP portal. Once all stages are colored green, you will receive your subsidy as judged by the NHB.
Note – While the first three stages more or less depending on your loaning company, after the claim has been uploaded on the Central Nodal Agency Portal the speed of the process depends entirely on the National Housing Board, the government organization which releases the subsidy after checking all the parameters.
See? So simple. Just a few clicks and you can know the status of your subsidy payment. No more do you now need to ask anybody about how long will it take. Once your file is submitted, you can simply track your application here.
Share this article on WhatsApp.