Customer Grievance Redressal Policy
In the present scenario of competitive housing finance services, excellence in customer service is the most important tool for sustained business growth. Customer complaints are part of the business life of any corporate entity. As a service organization, customer service and customer satisfaction are of prime concern to Home First.
The objective of the policy is to have a clearly defined and easily accessible mechanism for dealing with and settlement of customer complaints and grievances through proper service delivery and review mechanism and to ensure prompt redressal and review of customer grievances.
The policy is formulated based on the following principles:
- Customers shall be treated fairly at all
- All Employees of Home First shall work in good faith and without prejudice to the interest of the
- All Complaints shall be treated efficiently and fairly
- All Complaints raised by customers shall be dealt with courtesy and within the stipulated time
- Customers shall be fully informed of procedures to escalate their complaints/grievances within the organization and their rights to alternative remedy if they are not fully satisfied with the response/redressal provided by the Branch/ Head officer to their complaints/grievances.
a. “Customer” means a ‘Person” who is engaged in a financial transaction or activity with the Company.
b. “Person” includes:
- An individual,
- A Hindu undivided family,
- A company,
- A firm,
- An association of persons or a body of individuals, whether incorporated or not,
- Every artificial juridical person not falling within any of the above, and\Any agency, office, or branch owned or controlled by any of the above persons.
c. “Grievance” means and includes:
- A Complaint unresolved or escalated after following the relevant escalation matrix
- An expression of dissatisfaction on a customer’s behalf.
- A formal report from a customer providing documentation about a problem with a product or services of the company.
d. “Grievance Redressal Officer” means any senior personnel appointed by the Company from time to time. The Company can appoint any personnel.
3. Grievance Redressal Mechanism
1.Source of Grievance:
Attitudinal aspects in dealing with customers and inadequacy of the functions/arrangements made available to the customers or gaps in standards of services expected and actual services rendered. Apart from direct grievances from customers, grievances received through various regulatory bodies shall be handled by the Customer Service Team at the Corporate office.
2. Mode of response:
The Company shall ensure that as far as possible the mode of response is as per the mode of customer intimation received e.g. complaints received through e-mail shall be responded through e-mail.
3. Recording of Complaints:
Every branch of the Company including the Corporate Office shall maintain a Complaint Register for recording the complaints received and their redressal thereof and the same shall be quarterly placed before the Audit Committee for its review.
4. Escalation matrix:
The company has a three-level escalation matrix for handling customer grievances and this would be displayed in all Branches/Offices.
Any aggrieved Customer of Home First can take up the grievance with the concerned Branch Manager of the Company or alternatively can call at 1800 3000 8425 or write it to us at email@example.com. The Branch Manager is required to reply to the Customer within 7 working days from the date of receipt of the complaint in the office with a copy to the Regional Manager & Customer Service Department at Corporate office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the aggrieved customer is not satisfied with the reply provided by the Branch Manager or in case no reply is received within the stipulated period or the complaint is against the Branch Manager, the customer can escalate it to the Central Customer Service Team at the following email address email@example.com.
The Central Customer Service Team is required to dispose of the Complaint within 15 working days from receipt of the Complaint.
c. Level 3
If the aggrieved customer is not satisfied with the reply provided by the Central Customer Service Team or in case no reply is received within the stipulated period, the Customer shall escalate its complaint with the Grievance Redressal Officer at the following address:
Grievance Redressal Officer
511, Acme Plaza, Andheri Kurla Road, Andheri (East)
The Grievance Redressal Officer is required to dispose of the complaint within 30 working days of receipt of the complaint in the Corporate Office.
If the aggrieved customer is not satisfied with the reply provided by the Grievance Redressal Officer also or in case no reply is received within the stipulated period, the customer can approach the National Housing Bank via the following modes:
Online mode: https:/grids.nhbonline.org.in
Offline mode: The customer can alternatively write it to National Housing Bank in a prescribed format available athttp://www.nhb.org.in/Grievance-Redressal-System/LodgingComplaint-against-HFCs-NHB%E2%80% 93Physical-Mode.pdf and can post the same to
Complaint Redressal Cell
National Housing Bank
Department of Regulation and Supervision
4th Floor, Core 5A, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road
New Delhi 110 003
4. Review and Amendments:
The Board reserves the power to review and amend this Policy from time to time. All provisions of this Policy would be subject to revision or amendment in accordance with the applicable law as may be issued by relevant statutory, governmental, or regulatory authorities, from time to time.