Launched in 2015, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) provides assistance to the poor living in Urban and Rural areas of India to possess their own houses.
The most important thing about the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is that the subsidy of 2.67 lakh rupees given by the govt, which acts as an incentive. Under the PMAY scheme, the govt provides opportunities to everyone who wants to build their own house. This scheme is extremely popular among people everywhere in the country. It is often the case that when the home is ready, the concerned banks or financial institutions also charge you EMIs regularly, but you do not get a subsidy.
In many cases, it has been observed that the subsidy of one came and the other failed to come in two different houses built on a similar plot, while both are completed at the same time. In such a situation, it becomes important to see your status.
Once you have successfully completed the PMAY application process under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, you need to receive a reference number. The said reference number is then used to track the status of your application. Take the steps below for PMAY (G) and PMAY (U) to see your name within the list.
How to Check Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G) list 2020-2021?
If you have registered under PMAY Gramin 2020-21, here’s a list of options where you can check your name in the PMAY List 2020-21:
- Visit the official website of PM Awas Yojana-Gramin (https://pmaymis.gov.in/)
- Select the ‘Stakeholders’ option from the Menu
- Click on ‘IAY/PMAYG Beneficiary’
Here you need to check your name in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin list in two ways:
With Registration Number: You should enter the registration number yours then, click on ‘Submit’, if your name is in the list, it’ll reflect the details on your screen.
Without registration number: If you don’t have the Registration Number, select the second option named ‘Advanced Search.’ Provide the asked details over there like State, District, Block, Panchayat, etc. Post that the system will ask you for your:
- BPL Number together with A/c No.
- Sanction Order
- Father / Husband Name
- Once you have filled in all the details, click on ‘Search’ and check for your name in the final list.
How to Check Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U) list 2020-2021?
To check whether you have made it to the ultimate list of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U), follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of PMAY(U) (https://pmaymis.gov.in/)
- Go To the ‘Search Beneficiary’ option and choose the ‘Search by Name’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the first 3 characters of your name mentioned in the form and click on ‘Show’.
- Once clicked, the results will show on the screen, check the screen and look out for your name and further details.
If you’re also an eligible candidate and need to avail yourself of the advantage of this scheme, then you need to collect all the required information before filling the PM Awas Yojana application form.
Who can be a beneficiary under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)?
- The maximum ordinance of the beneficiary is 70 years.
- PMAY beneficiaries are often a family that comprises of husband, wife, and unmarried children. Such beneficiaries shouldn’t own a Pucca House either in their names or in the name of any member of the family in any state of India so as to receive assistance under this scheme.
- Beneficiary or any of his/her relations must not have any dwelling/ pucca house in any part of India.
- A person owning a Pucca house less than 21 square meters is also included under the enhancement of an existing house.
- An adult earning member regardless of marital status also can be a beneficiary under this mission.
- The beneficiary must have an annual income between 3 lakhs to 6 lakhs if he/she is from LIG (Low Income Group).
- EWS category beneficiaries are eligible for Central Assistance altogether four verticals whereas LIG (Lower Income Group)/MIG (Middle Income Group) category is only eligible under the CLSS component of this PMAY mission.
- Membership of one-woman members of the family is mandatory in ownership of the house. It means the homes provided under this scheme shall be owned individually by a woman member or jointly with males.
How to Check PMAY Application Status?
After filling the application form, you’ll be able to check the application status any time you would like. Application status is often checked through two methods viz. by application No. or by entering other personal details.
Using Application Number:
- Visit portal – The first step is to visit http://pmaymis.gov.in.
- Citizen Assessment option – Search the “Citizen Assessment” option on the homepage.
- Select a relevant option – Click on “Track Your Assessment Status”.
- Hit the track button – From the 2 options hit the “By Assessment ID” button.
- Enter Details – Enter your assessment ID and Mobile No. and click on on the submit option.
- Check the status – Now assessment status will appear on the screen and you’ll view your status.
Using the Father’s Name and Mobile Number:
- Visit official portal pmaymis.gov.in
- Click the “Citizen Assessment” option
- Select “Track Your Assessment Status”.
- Click on the “by name, father’s name & mobile no.” button.
- Enter name, mobile no., city, district in the space provided and hit the submit button.
- Clicking on the submit button, the assessment option will appear on the screen.
Instructions Related to Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY):
- Applicants must make sure that they fill the application form only at the Ministry’s official website or at the registered Common Service Centre. Other than these two no other media are given authority for the registration of beneficiaries.
- Applicants must be ready with all the required documents before filling the application form.
- Applicants must fill in details accurately. Application submitted with false data will be rejected.
Share this article on WhatsApp.